The area of animal husbandry and indoor livestock systems includes all technical testing and certification services around the farmstead. This includes tests in the area of barn facilities for all types of livestock (e.g. floor elements), building, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, lighting, housing and feeding equipment, milking technology, automation and digitalisation, residual material recycling as well as animal identification and operating equipment. Audits of measures to reduce emissions in and from livestock buildings also fall within this field of competence.
In addition to tests according to DLG standards as well as approval-relevant tests according to standards and regulations, the DLG Test Center offers comprehensive services for quality assurance as well as on the basis of customer-specific test requirements for research and development purposes.
- ICAR: The only globally recognised testing laboratory for both electronic and conventional animal IDs.
- Schweiz: According to the Direct Payment Ordinance for the BTS programme (Particularly Animal-Friendly Housing Systems), the DLG BTS test reports are a prerequisite for the payment of subsidies.
- Niederlande: In the funding guidelines of the Maatlat Duurzame Veehouderij programme, reference is made to DLG certificates and test reports.
- Österreich: As part of the approval of animal housing equipment, the DLG is designated as the testing laboratory for carrying out practical tests for animal suitability.
Tests for floor elements are standard
The DLG Test Center has set national and international standards for many years with its regular tests of floor coverings. The laboratory tests have been incorporated into the German Industrial Standard 3763 and also influence international standardisation for floor coverings in animal husbandry.
- Support with CE conformity procedures
- Electromagnetic compatibility
Animal identification (eartags and transponders)
- Examinations for certification by ICAR
Exhaust air purification systems of stables
- DLG-recognised plants are accepted by building permit authorities
- NIR sensors for slurry, DLG recognition - sensors accepted by authorities3
- NIR sensors - e.g. DLG recognition of dry matter content of feedstuffs
- Real-time sensors for the determination of ingredients
- Ammonia resistance and/or material compatibility of products for use in agriculture
Audits, quality assurance, process certification
- Quality assurance in manufacturing / production